Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 23:46:35 +0100 (MET)
From:      Sascha Schumann <sas@schell.de>
To:        Kevin Sheehan <kevin@planb.net.au>
Cc:        "freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Support for ITK? (Comment)

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Kevin Sheehan wrote:

> >IMHO I think, that writing a driver for this card cannot be so difficult,
> >because the source for the driver is available on Linux and can IMHO be
> >adapted to *BSD, although I must add, that I'm not able to. I also have two
> >of these cards lying around here and it would be nice, if someone is
> >probably able to adapt. My C knowledge doesn't seem to be deep enough to do
> >this :-(
>
> I don't personally use or follow Linux very closely, but I've tried to
> track down information on supported ISDN cards and have had absolutely
> no luck at all.

Get the kernel and look into Documentation/isdn/*

Supported cards:

Teles 8.0/16.0/16.3 and compatible ones
Teles 16.3c
Teles S0/PCMCIA
Teles PCI
Teles S0Box
Creatix S0Box
Creatix PnP S0
Compaq ISDN S0 ISA card
AVM A1 (Fritz, Teledat 150)
AVM B1
AVM Fritz PCMCIA
AVM Fritz PnP
AVM Fritz PCI
ELSA Microlink PCC-16, PCF, PCF-Pro, PCC-8
ELSA Quickstep 1000
ELSA Quickstep 1000PCI
ELSA Quickstep 3000 (same settings as QS1000)
ELSA Quickstep 3000PCI
ELSA PCMCIA
ICN ISDN
ITK ix1-micro Rev.2
Eicon.Diehl Diva 2.0 ISA and PCI (S0 and U interface, no PRO version)
Eicon.Diehl Diva Piccola
ASUSCOM NETWORK INC. ISDNLink 128K PC adapter (order code I-IN100-ST-D)
Dynalink IS64PH (OEM version of ASUSCOM NETWORK INC. ISDNLink 128K
adapter)
PCBIT-DP (OEM version of ASUSCOM NETWORK INC. ISDNLink)
PCBIT-D (not the HiSax version)
HFC-2BS0 based cards (TeleInt SA1)
Sedlbauer Speed Card (Speed Win, Teledat 100, PCI, Fax+)
Sedlbauer Speed Star/Speed Star2 (PCMCIA)
Sedlbauer ISDN-Controller PC/104
USR Sportster internal TA (compatible Stollmann tina-pp V3)
ith Kommunikationstechnik GmbH MIC 16 ISA card
Traverse Technologie NETjet PCI S0 card
Dr. Neuhaus Niccy PnP/PCI

> So far I've seen mention of Linux drivers for the Fritz! PCI and for
> the ITK cards (as above) but cannot find these anywhere. (Are these
> part of a particular dist, or are they found separately ?)

They are part of the Linux kernel which is part of every distribution out
there. You can always find it (if you installed it!) in /usr/src/linux

> Can someone help me out with a pointer to these drivers?

You can find information about the kernel on [1], download the latest
stable version from [2] and grab the ISDN4Linux daily snapshot at [3].

[1] http://www.linuxhq.com/
[2] ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.0/linux-2.0.36.tar.gz
[3] ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/isdn4linux/v2.0/isdn.tar.gz

          Regards,

                            Sascha Schumann |
                                 Consultant | finger sas@schell.de