Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2012 17:38:10 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        Rich Neese <r.neese@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Robert Simmons <rsimmons0@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Skype 4.0

Rich Neese writes:

>  >> Skype 4.0 for Linux is now available. Is there any possibility of
>  >> getting it ported to FreeBSD? The latest version in ports is only
>  >> 2.x.

	<deletia>

>  I just wish skype would get off their buts and make a bsd
>  version. time to break code and make a opensource version

	That would be a lot of work, and subject to Skype altering
with the protocol and various	internal bits.
	Last time this came around on the gee-tar, I believe the root
problem was higher versions don't work with the Linux emulation
code.  Improving that would also be a lot of work (probably
involving different skills) ... but would benefit all programs that
run under emulation.

				Robert Huff