Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 1997 01:15:57 -0500
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: latest bt848 code

I've rebooted the system with the PCI bus latency timer set to 32, and
it seems to be running pretty well so far.  I also added a change to
short-circuit the interrupt service routine in the driver when interrupts
are masked, but that shouldn't affect anything when the bt848 board is
open - only when it's not in use, and that's not been a problem.

So, I guess the bus latency timer may be the cause of the problems I've
had - I'll know more after it's been running for a while.

FYI, I noticed that with the driver open and doing a continuous capture
with fxtv, it's generating 120 interrupts per second.  In the "tv in a window"
case, where the user doesn't need to be notified, it would be nice not to
suffer the interrupt overhead.  I don't know if that's possible or not - I
need to dig in deeper to understand how the driver fits together to see if
that's reasonable.

Foo, I missed seeing Letterman tonight fiddling around with this.  Now that
it seems to be working, that won't be a problem any more.  Just tune in the
show from a cron job :-)

louie