Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 1996 19:25:07 +0100
From:      se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        john@starfire.mn.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4Gb and larger drives?

On Mar 1, 11:50, john@starfire.mn.org wrote:
} Subject: 4Gb and larger drives?
} Someone has been trying to tell me that we can't use more than about 2Gb
} of a single disk drive.  I think that this is false, but I need to make
} a purchase recommendation in the next couple of hours, and have no
} personal experience to confirm or deny this.  I would love to hear
} from someone using 4Gb and larger drives, and whether you can have
} single slices and filesystems which are 4Gb and larger.  TIA!

With 2.1R you can use any size drive you want
(and actually even have files larger than 4GB).

With the latest SNAP, you can even concatenate
or stripe several drives for larger file systems
or higher performance.

Regards, STefan

--
 Stefan Esser, Zentrum fuer Paralleles Rechnen		Tel:	+49 221 4706021
 Universitaet zu Koeln, Weyertal 80, 50931 Koeln	FAX:	+49 221 4705160