Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 1998 19:07:01 -0400
From:      "Stephen A. Derdau" <sderdau@ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sendmail I think ?

I have 3 local machines with local network addresses.
	ie 192.168.10.1  etc
My FreeBSD machine connects to the internet and my
local machines use that connection via natd.

My questions is it possible to
check mail sent to a user on my freebsd machine
from the internet from one of my local machines ?
I've tried to check mail sent to say
user@mymachine.myisp.com
from one of my local machines using
outlook and or netscape.
I keep getting an error message unable to connect to server
mymachine.myisp.com ... 0x800ccc0e

I can log onto my FreeBSD machine and use pine and read email
that has been sent to user@mymachine.myisp.com
I just can't log onto one of my local network machines
run netscape mail or outlook and read mail sent to the same
user.
I can do everything else pretty much from my local machines like
curising the inernet etc....
Just can't check or send mail
using mymachine.myisp.com machine as the smtp and pop servers.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the
sendmail program.....
I've been searching the archives every where.
The answer probably is there I just don't recognize it.

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers