Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:40:37 +0200
From:      jean-philippe.luiggi@sagem.com
To:        phrotos@email.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Ref. : Problems mounting a Iomega Zip plus on FreeBSD

Hello,

You don't mount the right device, in my case ZIP drive is known as  'da0s4'

So you just have to do :

mount -t msdos /dev/da0s4 <mount point>

In order to validate the correct device to use, just insert a zip into the drive
and then run '/stand/sysinstall'
then 'configure' and then 'label', select the da0 drive and take a look to the
name showed ...

I hope this will helps you.

Dear Guys of FreeBSD

 Recently I began to set up all my devices on FreeBSD kernel and They have been
working very nice, but I decided to install a Iomega Zip Plus (Parallel Port
version) on FreeBSD. The kernel reconize and set up my Iomega Zip on the device
da0 but when I tried to mount, I have some problems. Here is a example of
message that I get when I try to mount the Iomega ZIp:

mount -t msdos /dev/da0 /mnt

myname /kernel: mountmsdosfs():bad bpb
msdos: /dev/da0: Invalid argument.

Please could some one tell me what happen ?. I don`t understand. Please also
help me to solve the problem.

Thanks a lot for your help.