Date:      Wed, 02 Sep 1998 16:03:06 -0500
From:      "Steve Friedrich" <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>
To:        "Hebel, Mike" <MikeHebel@duo-fast.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FW: Panasonic CD-ROM installation and no response from your tech support...

Mike, you suffer from a basic misunderstanding of FreeBSD.  FreeBSD is
FREE!!  You're not paying anyone for support, so you need to lower your
expectations of what you'll get.  You might be able to find someone
willing to charge you and therefore willing to respond to your every
need.  But FreeBSD is supported by volunteers, i.e., people who have
other jobs to pay the rent, and contribute their leisure time, for
free, to help each other.

If you check Walnut Creeks web site, you'll see that the support they
pledge is limited.  They will refer you, and they did, to
www.freebsd.org