Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 17:32:01 +0200
From:      Rick Saltzman <rick@aixia.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   postscript to pcl and missing fonts

Greetings,

I have read and used the instructions in the FreeBSD manual for gs
(ghostscript) to convert postscript to pcl.  Works as advertised.
Unfortunately my hp laserjet 4 does not have many fonts and displays an error
message requesting the fonts be loaded for most files I try to convert and
print.  I did not see anything mentioned in the documentation about how to
find out which fonts gs requires are maps the postscript output to so that I
can go look for them and load them into the printer.  If someone could point
me to a reference or example of this, his or her praises shall be sung until
my little hplj4 gives up the ghost.

Rick Saltzman