Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 1997 18:58:06 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Bill Sandiford <bill@duey.interlinks.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with adduser and groups

I need some help with adduser

I need to execute adduser from a script all on one line.  I need to add
the username, password, id#, group#, fullname, home dir, and shell.  Being
new to FreeBSD (and UNIX in general) I am having a hard time figuring this
out.  To make problems worse, all my users must have the same login group
however I can't figure this out.  The man page on group says that a group
cannot have more than 200 members.  Is this true?  If so, how am I going
to be able to associate all my users as belonging to one group.  Remember,
all users are added from a script.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Sandiford

Bill@duey.interlinks.net