Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2019 11:29:49 +0000
From:      "Scheffenegger, Richard" <Richard.Scheffenegger@netapp.com>
To:        "freebsd-transport@freebsd.org" <freebsd-transport@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: IW10 broken when not doing ABC

After some investigation about the most effective course of action, which f=
ixes the non-ABC misbehavor and the
Special case of the sequence space occupied by the SYN bit, I came up with =
the following

https://reviews.freebsd.org/D19000

It's also fixing the smaller nuisance of the 1 byte cwnd inflation for SYN =
when doing ABC.

In case the SYN,ACK or final ACK already contain data, this patch won't cha=
nge the processing order.
The common case of these segments containing no data is handled by updating=
 snd_una before additional
ACK processing can inflate the initial window, matching previous comments i=
n the code about the processing
flow again.

A couple of reviewers would be highly appreciated in this core area of sess=
ion set-up, so that I've not missed any side-effect.

Also, I don't know how to bind https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.c=
gi?id=3D235256 against this patch.

Best regards,
   Richard