Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:59:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charlie ROOT <root@hiteknology.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   different subnets, same gateway

Hey, on my 4.4 machine I currently have 2 nics. From my cable
company I have 2 IP's, both of which use the same gateway (192.68.223.1)
but the two addresses are on different subnets, one on 192.68.223, and the
other on 192.68.224. I can't manage to make any connections from my box
using the address on the later subnet, it always connects from the address
on the same subnet as the gateway. And when trying to use just one of the
nic's with the address not on the subnet of the gateway, I get a 'network
unreachable' when adding the default route. Anyone know how I can get one
of these nics up and running so that I can make connections to the outside
using my second IP? Thanks.

        Danny