Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 09:27:19 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        fosburgh@flash.net, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KDE2: make install 'fails' ...

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Fri, 19 May 2000 fosburgh@flash.net wrote:
>
> > On Thu May 18 23:19:35 2000, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Just tried to do a 'make install', and it fails in kdebase2:gmake[3]:
> > <Much snippage>
> > Interesting that you got so far.  What version of FBSD? I am on 4.0-S and died
> > on a .moc file (syntax error) in kdelibs.  I am not able to access that machine
> > right now though so I can provide no more details.
>
> 4.0-STABLE as of a couple of nights ago ...

I installed it from the ports Thursday around noon PDT on a 4.0-Stable
machine and everything built. It didn't work and I had to back it out
and return to KDE 1.1.2. I did really like the appearance. The
Mozzilla like wizard was cool.

The linkages for the desktop didn't work and I couldn't do anything on
the network.

Kent

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA