Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:46:34 -0600
From:      "Scott Gerhardt" <scott@gerhardt-it.com>
To:        "Weldon S Godfrey 3" <weldon@excelsus.com>, "Ingrid Kast Fuller" <ingrid@cityscope.net>
Cc:        <hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: IBM for server

Highly recommended!

I've been running FreeBSD 4.3 on an IBM xSeries 230 5U tower for a couple
of months now with zero problems.  The install was flawless and all
hardware was recognized perfectly.
The overall quality, chassis design, tech support and warranty is great.
The BIOS level setup and diagnostics are good as well.

Beware:
All of the management software that IBM gloats about (IBM director etc.) is
useless on anything but Linux and NT/Win2000, but you don't need that
"fluff" anyway.