Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 10:28:39 -0500 (CDT)
From:      erich alfred heine <eheine@students.uiuc.edu>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing through @home

Hi everyone,

Im trying to install freebsd (yay) through anonymous FTP.  the problem is
i can seem to get my network to install properly.  Im a subscriber to the
AT&T@Home (cablemodem) service.  I have read the cablemodem howto, as well
as www.freebsddiary.org/athome.html and have not been able to figure out
how to install he dhclient that runs in the Install program.  When i
install I am using the menue choices option. Is there an option to go from
there to a CLI. If there is:
#1 how/where do i find it
#2 can i change the dhclient.conf to have:
	send hostname "<athome-provided-hostname>"
#3 If not, how can i do a network install (purchasing the CD is
unfortunately not an option for us broke college kids, and i dont have a
CD-r)

Thanks
Erich Heine