Date:      Mon, 01 Jul 2002 22:54:32 -0500
From:      Ramon Hermon <rahermon@cs.iastate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Not receiving emails from outside the domain.

FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE #0: Sat Jun 29 21:08:36 CDT 2002

I will greatly appreciate some guidance on this one.  Emails sent to my
domain from outside the domain do not reach the users. No error messages
present in the logs.  I am able to telnet <domain> 25 and send email
manually.  I am completely lost. If the port is available for connections
and commands are successful, Why is the email not delivered?

below is the return info from hotmail:

Reporting-MTA: dns;hotmail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;mail.hotmail.com
Arrival-Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 20:36:32 -0700

Final-Recipient: rfc822;<user>@<domain>
Action: failed

I also checked the queue on an exchange server from where I tried to send
emails and all 17 test messages where in the queue waiting to be delivered.
The only info available was that the remote server was not responding?

Regards-
Ramon