Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 1999 15:49:08 +0200
From:      Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   trouble with ntop & 3.3-RELEASE

I have a box I remote administer but ever since I upgraded from a
snapshot between 3.0 and 3.1 to 3.3-RELEASE I've had problems. Running
ntop can freeze the entire box (or does something to make it
unaccessable from outside. I don't know what because I've never been
there to boot it after the crash). With the snapshot release there never
were any problems, and the box was up 170days in a row. Well that could
be partly due to the fact that it was running a GENERIC kernel and no
bpf and therefore no ntop was available ;)

Some facts about the hardware I'm gathering from my head (since the box
is down at the very moment)
processor: ppro
mem: 96megs
Network interface: 3com 3c905 (or atleast something that uses xl-driver)

Does someone have constructive suggestions apart from pkg_delete ntop?
TIA

ps. please cc me as I'm not on the list

--
  "Never underestimate the power of the Lite side of the \Source/"
 Antti Kantee   /       NetBSD        \  1973 <- draken   \    / o