Date:      Sat, 17 Nov 2012 13:59:34 -0500
From:      "illoai@gmail.com" <illoai@gmail.com>
To:        "Mike." <the.lists@mgm51.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: packge options

On 17 November 2012 12:44, Mike. <the.lists@mgm51.com> wrote:

> How do I find out what options were used when the pre-built packages
> were built?
>
> For example, say I want to install the Postfix package, how can I find
> out if TLS support is included in the package?

For instance:
http://www.freshports.org/mail/postfix/
includes a list of options & their defaults,
which is what I'd assume pre-built packages
are using, with the caveat that these may have
changed since the package was built last.  Generally,
though, they add a number after an underscore to
indicate changes in libraries or functionality.