Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 06:17:15 +0900
From:      "Akinori MUSHA" <knu@iDaemons.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   [ANN] pkgtools 20010611 (portupgrade, portversion, pkgdepfix)

Hi,

I have just released pkgtools-20010611, with many changes and
enhancements.

> knu         2001/06/10 13:57:40 PDT
>
>   Modified files:
>     sysutils/portupgrade Makefile distinfo pkg-descr pkg-plist
>   Log:
>   Update to 20010611, with many changes and enhancements.
>   Beware of bugs, just in case. ;)
>
>   portupgrade:
>     - Sort packages by default and remove -s/--sort.
>     - Rename -y/--yield/-Y/--yield-command to -s/--sudo/-S/--sudo-command.

Beware, I removed -s/--sort and renamed -y/--yield to -s/--sudo (and
-Y/--yield-command to -S/--sudo-command), which means the meaning of
-s has been changed.

>     - Implement -a/--all.

You can now do "portupgrade -acC" instead of "portupgrade -cC '*'".

>     - Implement -x/--exclude=GLOB.

Maybe "portupgrade -ax XFree86" works for those who don't want to
upgrade such huge ports as XFree86 for the moment.

>     - Exit on OptionParser::ParseError immediately.
>     - Do not call "make fetch-recursive" but just "make fetch", now that
>       portupgrade does recursion itself.
>     - In fetch mode, specify -DPACKAGE_BUILDING for ports that define
>       IS_INTERACTIVE. [Submitted by: Jimmy Olgeni <olgeni@uli.it>]]

Forgot to add:
      - Read default options from the environment variable PORTVERSION.

>   portversion:
>     - Exit on OptionParser::ParseError immediately.
>
>   portsdb:
>     - New tool: which updates INDEX and INDEX.db in the ports directory.
>
>   pkgdepfix:
>     - Implement origin fixer with intelligent guessing, finally!
>       (-o/--fix-origin)
>     - Make pkgdep guessing more intelligent.

Heh, despite my previous notice..

At Thu, 07 Jun 2001 16:28:07 +0900,
I wrote:
>     I will NOT provide a migration tool for this.  Packages without
>     origins are obsolete and should be just delete (pkg_delete -f) and
>     reinstalled.  You can fix up its dependencies using pkgdepfix.

I changed my mind and implemented an origin fixer in pkgdepfix.

Give it a try.

Current TODO list:
  o Introduce a configuration file which:
    - Presets "port - make args" table
    - Presets default options of portupgrade
      etc.
  o Write a "portinstall" command - not sure

Enjoy!

--
                     /
                    /__  __            Akinori.org / MUSHA.org

"Freeze this moment a little bit longer, make each impression
  a little bit stronger..  Experience slips away -- Time stand still"