Date:      Tue, 7 Sep 1999 12:49:16 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        "Scott I. Remick" <scott@computeralt.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Alias includes

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Scott I. Remick wrote:

> Ok maybe someone can help me with this one.
>
> I'd like to make PART of the email aliases file viewable by all, while not
> ALL of it.  So I'd like to be able to split it up, so a sub-part (in the
> same format) is "included" within the main /etc/aliases.  The main file

Use two files, and write a little script to cat them together, and then
call newaliases.  This should work, but I haven't tested it.

#!/bin/sh

# newnewaliases -- script to use two files to build /etc/aliases from.

ALIASES=/etc/aliases
PUB_ALIASES=/etc/aliases.pub
PRIV_ALIASES=/etc/aliases.priv

mv $ALIASES ${ALIASES}.old
cat $PUB_ALIASES $PRIV_ALIASES > $ALIASES
newaliases