Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:25:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
To:        Nathan Mace <nmace85@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: to upgrade or not too?

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Nathan Mace wrote:

> so what is the general feeling towards 4.4?  i'm running 4.3
> stable..and have got everything working and am totally satisfied with
> it...should i upgrade to 4.4 or not?  as far as i know there is
> nothing in 4.4 that i HAVE to have, but in the interest of being
> 'up-to-date' i'm considering it....is it worth it?

so far, i've had 0 complaints. 4.4. has been pretty rock solid.

for the most part, would only suggest tracking -STABLE if you really feel
the need too. i don't bother, about half the time, since there's little
that i need, as a user, to have.

-- jan

  http://caustic.org/~jan                      jan@caustic.org
   "if my thought-dreams could be seen..
       "they'd probably put my head in a gillotine"
	     -- Bob Dylan