Date:      Sat, 10 Nov 2012 00:41:48 +0100
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
To:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@leidinger.net>
Subject:   Re: pkgng complains about using pkg_info: intended?

--Hlh2aiwFLCZwGcpw

On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 04:10:43PM -0500, Eitan Adler wrote:
> On 9 November 2012 15:58, Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@leidinger.net> w=
rote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is this intended (current as of r242511)?
>=20
> Ah. I have a patch to partly fix this. I forgot that the conversion
> process itself uses the repo. The correct fix is either to add an
> override environment variable or to have the conversion write to a
> temporary repo and do a rename() at the end.
>=20
> I prefer the latter.

@Eitan
I do prefer the environnement variable because the users that are using pkg=
_*
tools for some reason we can't imagine (there is always cases) can safely u=
se it
without this warning.

btw this one of the reason a minimum of 1 month before MFC was necessary :D

@Alexander
Sorry for this I should have thought about it when reviewing the patch that
added this warning, I completly forgot about this case.

If no one sent to portmgr a patch since then, I'll write a patch to allow t=
o fix
this on monday.

regards,
Bapt