Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 2016 16:26:26 +0100
From:      Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>
To:        Tinker <tinkr@openmailbox.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MRSAS driver/LSI MegaRaid 92XX-93XX admin question: When one of the Raid's physical drives break, how is it reported in the logs?

Hi!

> So my final question then is, how do you extract it into userland (in
> the absence of an "mfiutil" as the MFI driver has)?

They renamed the util to StorCLI, it looks very similar to the old tw_cli,
and can be downloaded from

http://www.avagotech.com/products/server-storage/raid-controllers/megaraid-sas-9266-8i#downloads

as MR_SAS_StorCLI_1-16-06.zip, unpacking it yields storcli_all_os.zip,
unpacking that yields storcli_all_os/FreeBSD/storcli64.tar,
and finally unpacking that gives

$ file storcli64
storcli64: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (FreeBSD), statically linked, for FreeBSD 7.4, stripped

which at least looks like it might work with the MRSAS controller.

--
pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         4 years to go !