Date:      Mon, 05 Jun 2000 15:20:22 +0200
From:      Rebmann Gerhard <grebmann@ks1.s.bw.schule.de>
To:        AIC7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   AIC 7896 and 39160

Hello,

for my scool I make a fileserver with an AOPEN DX 6G Plus Motherbord
with an AIX 7896 onboard. I installed an AIC 39160 board. Now I want to
install a RedHat 6.1. This isnt possible, the Installation end in a
loop. On the Screen 4 ist the following message:

        <4>SCSI bus is being reset for host 2 channel 0.
        <4>SCSI host 2 abort (pid42) timed out -resetting

The System search the devices on the second SCSI-Adaptor (in my case the
7896) - find nothing and ist always resetting the bus. If only one
Adapter ist installed, RedHat 6.1 can be without any problems installed.
I use the newest Driver-Diskette from Mr. Ledfords website - with the
same problem. The motherboard BIOS finds the two adators and the devices
are scanned well. The adaptors have different interrupts and I/O
adresses. I testet the command-line options like no_reset; no_probe;
extended and reverse_scan.

What is wrong on my system. Has anyone a idea?

Thank for your help.

Gerhard Rebmann