Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:20:42 +0100 (CET)
From:      Olaf Hoyer <ohoyer@gaff.hhhr.ision.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   OT: Size of Dell racks

Hi!

Sorry for this post, but I have some issues with Dell and their
rackrails...

My problem is, that we are using some Dell Poweredge servers in 1U and
2U, and the Rapidrails for installation are quite tight...

Because of mixed infrastructure, we cannot use the genuine Dell Racks,
because we need the possibility to move the posts.
(remark: at least in germany, the Dell Racks are Rittal racks, with
fixed space between the 4 posts)

So the Rapidrails (square holes) will fit perfectly in Rittal racks,
given that one knows the exact distance, but no-one (including tech
support of Dell and the salesman) were able/willing to tell me...

Has any kind soul the exact measurement handy for the distance between
the front and the back posts?

should be around 73cm/28.7 inch

TIA
Olaf

--
Olaf Hoyer        ohoyer@gaff.hhhr.ision.net
Fuerchterliche Erlebniss geben zu raten,