Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 12:04:04 -0800
From:      Jerry Preeper <preeper@cts.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   quota questions

I have quotas enabled on my web server and started playing around with some
of the information as I have started to get to less than 1GB free on the
hard drive in order to start cleaning some stuff up off the server that's
not needed.  I have a couple of questions I couldn't seem to find the
answer to though.

1) With a 4.5GB hard drive, and say 150 users, what would happen if the
total amount of quotas set exceeds the size of the hard drive, even if
there is still free space available on the drive?  Does it matter?  For
example, right now (from repquota -a) I have soft quotas totalling 4062400
and hard quotas totalling 4382800, but the file system from df -i shows
4168505 in 1k blocks.

2) Should the sum of all the block limits used by users in repquota -a
(shows 2887728) be equal to the number of blocks used (1K blocks) in a df
-i output (shows 2871052)?    What would the difference be?

TIA for any assistance.

Jerry