Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:33:52 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@gmx.de>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pulse poll at Borland

At 9:33 AM +0200 2000/9/27, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

>  Regarding what you've heard about Borland, maybe you'd be better off
>  making up your own opinion instead of relying too much on what other
>  people say.

	I haven't use Borland's development packages myself, at least not
anything since some of the original versions of TurboPascal many,
many years ago.  However, I am familiar with their overall attitude,
and the fact that not a single whit of unique work has ever come out
of that company -- everything good they've had is something they've
bought from someone else, and then slapped their name onto the
package, with the usual circumstances that it is brought down into
the gutter (along with all other Borland products) in very short time.

Brad Knowles, <blk@skynet.be>                || Belgacom Skynet SA/NV
Systems Architect, Mail/News/FTP/Proxy Admin || Rue Colonel Bourg, 124
Phone/Fax: +32-2-706.13.11/12.49             || B-1140 Brussels
http://www.skynet.be                         || Belgium