Date:      Sun, 01 Dec 1996 12:27:46 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Terje Normann Marthinussen <Terje.N.Marthinussen@cc.uit.no>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP-current status

Hi,

>unknown bus type: 'XPRESS'
>
>Where I simply commented out the panic.

I need to look this over to see what might be damaged by continuing
at this point.

---
>But then all stops with:
>Warning: current SMP kernel only tested with 2 CPUs.
>Please report the results to:  <smp@freebsd.org>
>  <return> to continue...
>Application Processor #3 failed!
>panic (cpu#0):
>

>Just for fun I removed the panic(), put in a couple more debugs and ended
>up with:
>Warning: current SMP kernel only tested with 2 CPUs.
>Please report the results to:  <smp@freebsd.org>
>  <return> to continue...
>Application Processor #2 starting!
>Application Processor #3 starting!
>Application Processor #3 failed!
>Application Processor #4 starting!
>Application Processor #4 failed!

this is a fundimental problem.  there may or may not be additional
failures and/or clues beyound this point, but till we fix the above 2 ERRORs
it probably would be poor use of time to chase them, as they most likely
would be bogus (ie go away when the above are fixed).  I'll go look
at the XXPRESS bus thing first...

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD