Date:      Wed, 02 Jun 2004 18:06:14 +0000
From:      "Lonnie Santella" <lonniesantella@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Device Hints vs. FreeBSD 4.10 Release

I've switched from FreeBSD 5.2 to FreeBSD 4.10 Release. I've lost the
ability to edit the /boot/device.hints file, since it no longer exists in
ver 4.10. This is critical to me since I need to add the mouse flag:

hint.psm.0.flags="0x100"

This turns off the sync check which is what causes my mouse to jump all over
the screen when I wiggle it. It's a PS/2 mouse - but plugged in via a
Avocent 8-port KVM switch.

Is there another way to implement this type of port flag?

Thanks,

Lonnie