Date:      Sat, 09 Mar 1996 17:17:21 -0800
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Poor connection to WC

>Is it just me or are all of you seeing a bloody slow connection today
>(Saturday afternoon, 9th March, GMT-0200)?
>
>A traceroute shows that most packets are getting lost in bbnplanet(?).
>
>Any clues/ides?

   There is a problem in the Stanford<->Berkeley connectivity that has been
around for about 2 months and fluctuates in severity. We reported the problem
to BBN Planet over a month ago but no action on it was taken on it. Next week
I'll be switching WC CDROM to a new service provider.

-DG

David Greenman