Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 21:03:20 -0700
From:      "Peter W. Schmiedeskamp" <pschmied@selway.umt.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   porting question.

Hello, I'm finally taking the plunge and learning how to make ports.

Specifically, I've build a port for libexif (required for new version of
gphoto---my next port).  I've gone through the "slow porting" section of the
porter's handbook, and everything is going great, the packages installs,
reinstalls, cleans, builds a package and makes me coffee just like a Real
Port (tm) made by Real Men (tm).

Here's my problem, the port gets installed with some wacky (overly
restrictive) permissions by default. (/usr/local/include/libexif/  drwx------)

I get the following warning:

===>  Installing for libexif-0.5.0
===>  Warning: your umask is "0077".
      If this is not desired, set it to an appropriate value
      and install this port again by ``make reinstall''.

Could this have something to do with it?

Would anyone be willing to peruse my port and tell where I'm going wrong?
Could you also cc me with your answers, as I'm not subscribed to this list?

Cheers,
-Peter