Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:27:02 -0600
From:      Nikolas Britton <freebsd@nbritton.org>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Binary Compatibility

Gary Stewart wrote:

>Hello group,
>My name is Gary and I am so new I haven't even started using it. I am
>just looking into it. I use Linux-Mandrake right now. BSD intrigues me
>though, I understand (tell me if I am wrong) that you can run
>different OS programs as if they are native.
>
>As I move on in my learning of BSD you may hear a lot from me :-)
>
>Gary

Yes gery it does...I myself just started playing with it, I've got Sun's
JDK running in it, pretty spiffy stuff. Also gery...from what I read it
has SCO and SysV Binary Compatibility, I think even (not sure) Sun and
Irix support too.

Here's the FreeBSD handbook section on Linux Binary Compatibility:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/linuxemu.html

Oh yea, welcome to the club.....