Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 1996 16:42:48 -0700
From:      Philip Smith <pmsmith@hooked.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD release 2.1.5

I recently purchased a cdrom with freebsd release 2.1.5.

I tried to install it on my computer, and the first problem i
encountered was that the release didn't contain a copy of the atapi.flp
file, or the root.flp file.  To get around this, I used the 2.1.0
relesae atapi.flp and root.flp file names to install 2.1.5.  Should this
have worked?

If not, where are the support floppies for computer owners with IDE
cdroms like myself?  Will they be out soon?  Can someone direct me to a
site with atapi.flp and root.flp for FreeBSD release 2.1.5, or tell me
that what i tried shouldn't work?

thanks for your time in advance!

P.S.  I'm operating win95 and winNT on my computer already.  I have 3
hard drives.  The first drive is split in to two partitions, one for
win95, one for winNT. The second drive is Win95.  The third drive was
supposed to be for this FreeBSD program.  When I installed BSD, and
booted up my computer, it installed all hd's and cdroms and disk drives
and then froze with the A: drive light on.  i don't know if that info
will help figuring out my disposition.