Date:      Fri, 03 Mar 2000 15:00:58 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
Cc:        "Waite, Michael" <Michael.Waite@compaq.com>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alpha ISO is fantastic!

> If you have an account on beast.freebsd.org you can 'borrow' the library
> there and X will run (sort of).
> I'd be very interested to see how the XP1000 behaves running X as I see
> problems on all my Alphas (Miata GL , Miata MX5 and EB64+/Aspen Alpine)
> when running X.

That's interesting; I'm currently using a DS20 as my daily desktop
machine (Permedia 2), and it's been much more stable than the PC (Voodoo
3) that I was previously using.  The only reproducible issue I have is
the KDE browser being fatal, but I haven't looked hard to see whether
that's a server or KDE issue.