Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2012 08:24:45 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        "Brian W." <brian@brianwhalen.net>
Subject:   Re: P5-FuzzyOcr port

--------------enigA7F3C66A45273DB5EEDF43A2

On 13/06/2012 07:17, Brian W. wrote:
> Pkg_add -r can't find a package for this; I presume this is deliberate
> because of the unmaintained status of fuzzyocr?

Not directly.  As many pkgs as possible are built from ports,
irrespective of who the maintainers are.  An unmaintained port is
however less likely to have any issues attended to promptly.

If you want to see exactly why no pkg exists, use portsmon:

http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portoverview.py?category=3Dmail&portname=3Dp5=
-FuzzyOcr

and the reason is that the graphics/giflib port -- one of the
dependencies -- failed to work properly.  On 9.0-RELEASE it shows the
problem is to do with XML validation, and there's an open PR about that
which is assigned to the graphics/giflib maintainer. There should be a
fix fairly soon.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20