Date:      Sat, 29 May 2010 19:01:15 -0400
From:      Michael Powell <nightrecon@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading default Apache1.3 to Apache22 port??

Kaya Saman wrote:

[snip]

> It seems to have worked.... I just go into the config and check it; only
> that part seems missing?? Maybe it's in a different place then /etc in
> FreeBSD and I haven't worked it out yet. Even apache22 daemon is not in
> /etc/rc.d.
>
> Oh well am sure will all be fine more Google'ing I think for me :-)

FreeBSD has a slightly different layout than Linux or Solaris. The configs
and startup scripts belong in /usr/local/etc and /usr/local/etc/rc.d
respectively.

To invoke the startup script on boot up, simply place apache22_enable="YES"
into the /etc/rc.conf file. The manual method using apachectl will still
work at a command prompt.

This is very general and you will find most things you install will operate
this way.

-Mike