Date:      Thu, 04 Mar 2021 01:42:01 +0100
From:      Jan Beich <jbeich@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problems with updating a port due to top directory in tarball

Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm trying to update a port I maintain. Since I last updated, it moved from
> ISC to github and it uses unusual naming conventions.
>
> The distfile is "irrtoolset/archive/release-5.1.3.tar.gz". I can work
> around this with a DIST_SUBDIR and DISTNAME, but when the extract takes
> place,  the top directory in the tarball is "irrtoolset-release-5.1.3".
> Since this is not expected, patch fails.

Try DISTVERSIONPREFIX=release- like devel/googletest. USE_GITHUB renames
distfile via ?dummy=/ in MASTER_SITES, so you don't need to manually set
DIST_SUBDIR/DISTNAME.

$ make fetch-urlall-list MASTER_SITE_BACKUP=
https://codeload.github.com/irrtoolset/irrtoolset/tar.gz/release-5.1.3?dummy=/irrtoolset-irrtoolset-release-5.1.3_GH0.tar.gz