Date:       Thu, 06 Jul 2000 07:41:07 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: Crypto changes coming soon

On 2000-Jul-04 11:38:42 -0700, John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com> wrote:
>Here is how we plan to proceed:

Are you able to provide an approximate schedule for this?  In
particular, when is CTM cvs-cur likely to start including the crypto
bits?

On Wed, 05 Jul 2000 08:48:06 +0200, Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za> wrote:
>Code and repository files that were previously sent to you from the
>International Crypto Repository will be in the way of the new files
>arriving via the US CTM (or CVSUP if you use that).
>
>You will notice that files that are currently in your tree conflicting
>with files that CTM (or CVSUP) is sending. You should back up those
>crypto directories that you have, remove them from your local dir
>tree and let the US CTMs replace them.

Does this mean that the first cvs-cur CTM delta will include the
complete crypto tree as it exists on freefall?  That's the way I read
Mark's announcement, but this implies a very large CTM delta (my
international crypto tree is ~38MB, even compressed that's a big
delta).

Since John indicates that the crypto files on internat are going to
become a mirror of freefall, it would seem easier to let the sync
occur, turn the changes into CTM deltas (which I believe would be
automatic and would effectively sync's CTM users' trees to freefall)
and then further changes to the tree would appear via {src,cvs}-all.

Users could manually re-organise their trees as and when they see fit.

Peter