Date:      Sat, 26 May 2012 09:57:37 +0300
From:      Henri Reinikainen <henrixd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports tree

Hi

Would it be stupid idea to have publicly available, mountable (nfs)
partition, with full port tree(s)? I think it would be good for
systems with low storage space. I know hd space is cheap, but I run
over and over to this problem.

I don't know how easily it could be done, but some kind of session
based temporary write permissions would be good too. To be able to
make && make install directly from mounted partition.

I don't think very many people would need to have local personal copy
of ports tree then.

So, is this just stupid?