Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 21:05:51 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Mathieu Arnold <arn_mat@club-internet.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs

From: Mathieu Arnold <arn_mat@club-internet.fr>
Subject: cvs
Date: Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 02:52:08PM +0200

> Hi
>
> I know it's quite off topic, but i've never used cvs with branches, and
> i was looking for a way to get a diff from the original 4.3-release, and
> releng_4_3, but I don't seem to be able to get it...
> What parameters do I have to give to cvs diff ?

If you have the CVS tree locally mirrored with CVSup, say in
/home/ncvs, you can always use CVS like this:

	% cd /tmp
	% setenv CVSROOT /home/ncvs
	% cvs -R checkout -r RELENG_4 src
	% cd src
	% cvs -R diff -r RELENG_4_3_0_RELEASE

That will give you all the diffs from 4.3-RELEASE to 4-STABLE, which
will be quite a big patch-file!

-giorgos