Date:      Wed, 3 Jun 1998 17:04:56 +0200
From:      Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   I4B_SMP_WORKAROUND again

Although the isdn stuff works without the I4B_SMP_WORKAROUND define on the
atari, there is a side effect....

I have both a analog modem (through an A/B adapter) and a teles isdn card
connected to my isdn line. I can use the modem-line from outside when I
decided to bring up the machine without networking. I noticed that if
I did that with the .61 i4b version without the I4B_SMP_WORKAROUND define,
I was unable to start and use an isdn connection afterward.
Having read the rationale behind the interrupt 'fix', it looks like dialing
in on my modem generates an interrupt on the teles card. This interrupt
is not handled (properly?) because isdnd was not running. This leaves my
card in an unusable state.
It looks to me that the 'fix' is incomplete...

Leo.