Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2012 01:54:18 -0800
From:      Ali Mashtizadeh <mashtizadeh@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   GELI on USB

I think I found a possible bug in 9.1 where I configured an encrypted
root partition on a USB key and I have trouble entering the password
from what seems like a race.

1. GELI first prints to ask for my password on the root, but
immediately is interrupted with a message saying that the root failed
to mount with error 19.

 As shown here: http://www.mashtizadeh.com/usbnotwaiting.jpg

When I type the file system path some characters are missing. It
appears that geli and the prompt for root are both reading the USB
keyboard input. When setting kern.geom.eli.visible_passphrase=3D1 then
all characters are printed on the screen, but the prompt seems to
receive bad input.

Is there a way to prevent the root mount failing immediately? I set
the boot flag and it seems this works properly on some hardware.

--=20
Ali Mashtizadeh
=D8=B9=D9=84=DB=8C =D9=85=D8=B4=D8=AA=DB=8C =D8=B2=D8=A7=D8=AF=D9=87