Date:      Mon, 03 Jul 1995 18:57:27 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        julian@freefall.cdrom.com (Julian Elischer), hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: wcarchive

>> seems to not be responding to ftp requests..
>> can someone please corroberate this
>
>corroberated...  I can ping it, but no ftp or telnet.  Inetd is
>probably dead :-(.

   We're having a compatibilty problem with the Seagate Hawk 4 drives and the
2940 controller/driver. The problem is that they hang the SCSI bus. The
machine eventually paniced and was sitting in the debugger when I reset it.
   The machine was also down for several hours on Saturday night. That time
the problem was a circuit breaker that had popped and thus killed the power to
wcarchive and about half of BARRnet's equipment.
   If you notice that wcarchive is down in the future, the thing to do is call
me (voice) and tell me about it.

-DG