Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 1996 15:46:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Fred Cawthorne <fcawth@jjarray.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Exabyte 8200

I have just upgraded the firmware in my Exabyte 8200 drive to a newer
version, and now it at least works with FreeBSD-current...  The problem
is that it is streaming very slowly.  It isn't stopping and going, but it
only writes about 60-80 K/second.  I have heard that people use this
drive, and I wanted to know if there are any special modes to select or
anything.  Do people ever get resonable speeds with this drive??
I know this thing is old but it seems that it should be able to write a
2 gig tape in under 6 hours...

Any information would be appreciated...
 Fred.