Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:46:11 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        James Gill <gill@topsecret.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, "'Freebsd-Security@Freebsd. Org'" <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Harry M. Leitzell" <Harry_M_Leitzell@cmu.edu>
Subject:   Re: OpenBSD (FW: Please do not take this above statement too lightly,  since the project is typically not in strong financial health.)

James Gill wrote:
> Theo de Raadt [mailto:deraadt@cvs.openbsd.org] wrote:
> >
> > Sorry.  You better read up on history.
> >
> > http://theos.com/deraadt/coremail
> >
> > And search archives.
>
> Well, Harry, I guess you were right.
>
> Nevermind, go back to your chores. (cores?)

This is a pretty one-sided archive, omitting most of what Theo said.  Look
it up in the archives yourself, and look up some of the incidents that lead
up to it.  It was certainly not the childish reaction Theo paints it as.
Theo is very abrupt and thinks everyone in the world other than himself
should have skin 3 feet thick, while he is VERY quick to take insult at any
reference he doesn't consider complimentary.

OpenBSD has been hanging by a financial thread since the day Theo created
it because it is Theo's baby, Theo doesn't make (much) money from it or any-
thing else, and because Theo fails to attract any considerable development
team because he is rude and arrogant.  I'm continually amazed at the abrupt,
curt, and rude answers I get to every correspondence with Theo or OpenBSD.org,
even when I am offering some small item of help.

http://softweyr.com/                                           wes@softweyr.com