Date:      Tue, 07 Oct 2003 11:55:08 -0700
From:      rtjohan@syspres.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup: Error code 1

For some reason the portupgrade / or make reinstall does not work on any
of the outdated ports. Get the same error on all of them. Error code 1.
I've tried:
  portsclean -C
  portsclean -DD
  make index
  portsdb -Ufu
  pkgdb -F

Nothing seems to get the ports back into shape. The whole cvsup /
portupgrade -ra had been working for a while. Not sure what could have
messed it up. Is there a way I can get all the necessary indexes /
databases required by cvsup / portupgrade / pkg_add recreated? The only
way I know how to fix this is to reinstall. There must be a better way.
Any assistance or tips would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Richard