Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 20:24:41 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        "Alexey V. Meledin" <cureman@pia.ru>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can I access NTFS partitions from FreeBSD 3.0? Does boot manager of FreeBSD 3.0 understands NT?

On Tue, Feb 23, 1999 at 08:38:00PM +0300, Alexey V. Meledin wrote:
> 1.Can I access NTFS partitions from FreeBSD 3.0?

Yes, there is a driver available from

http://iclub.nsu.ru/~semen/ntfs

There is a message at that site that says the code has been added
to the FreeBSD source tree, but I'm not sure where or how you would
get it (CVSup I guess)

> Permissins are for EveryOne.

Not too sure what you mean, but everyone will be able to see the
NTFS partition.

> 2. Does boot manager of FreeBSD 3.0 understands NT?

I believe it can. I don't use Booteasy so I can't tell you how to
set it up. Searching the mail archives may help.

> Or there is one way to boot FreeBSD from NT bootmanager only?

You can do this. There are instructions in the FAQ (section 8.7).