Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 1999 18:15:26 +1000
From:      Alex <panadol@hotkey.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problams installing new hdd in freebsd 2.2.2

hi, i am experincing problams when trying to install a new hard drive in to
my system
all is ok untill i go to label the drive using the stand/sysinstall menu i
can slecect and set my partition sizes and mount points but when i i run W
to write these options to the disk i get a error about an invalid argument
while mounting the drive '
then if i go to mount the drive my self i get an error about the drive not
being formated so to speak this will be because it has not been newfs'ed
but im am unsure on how i can do this compleat process from the command
line (partitioning the drive and newfsing it...)

the version of FreeBSD is 2.2.2 quite old but there has been to much system
configuration to update because of the age now i belive i will has trouble
updating smoothly is this also the case?

and the hdd is jsut a generic IDE device (wd1)

any help would be great thanks

Alex