Date:      07 May 2002 16:34:23 -0600
From:      Eric Anholt <eanholt@gladstone.uoregon.edu>
To:        lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, bogin@shortcircut.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Glide3 port.

(cced to respond to another person asking about Glide3 on -ports)

On Sun, 2002-05-05 at 19:37, lewiz wrote:
> Hey,
>
>   This is a bit off-topic, I think, but I would be interested to know if
> anybody knows how to compile the Glide3 port?  It's marked as broken but
> is damn useful for anybody like me that wants to use their Voodoo3 card
> in DRI with XFree86 4.2.0.  I have recently got pre-compiled binaries
> from somebody that have allowed me to do this but I would like to be
> able to compile from the ports tree.
>   Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I know (as of a week ago when I tried to compile it on a fresh system)
that the port and my patch to it are both broken.  I have been avoiding
the Glide3 port for a while because I loathe automake.  Midterms have
hit me, but soon I should have the time and I think that'll be the next
thing on my list (getting working Glide3 with hopefully compiling both
v3 and v5).

For now, you can possibly get it compiling using the patch that was
posted on my site and having both versions (each) of automake and
autoconf installed.  No guarantees and I can't help much right now if it
doesn't work.

--
Eric Anholt <eanholt@gladstone.uoregon.edu>
http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~eanholt/dri/