Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2002 19:51:11 -0800
From:      Rob <rob@pythonemproject.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        "freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why is Python slower on FreeBSD than Windows?

I translate the code into Python so I can read it and figure out how it
works.  Later, if possible, I vectorize the code with Numeric to get the
big speedup.   The SciPy package now has the Weave module which takes a
block of Python code and runs it thru the Blitz++ compiler, generating a
library.   I've gotten Python to run as fast as C with that one for FDTD
sims.  Rob.

--
The Numeric Python EM Project

www.pythonemproject.com