Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 11:44:49 +0400
From:      "Nickolay A.Kritsky" <nkritsky@internethelp.ru>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Need help with limits(1)

  Hi, all.
  I have a webserver running on FreeBSD 3.3. One of the perl scripts
located there has some bug, that puts him in the infinite loop. This
causes my webserver to stall, so that the only way to reboot is
hardware reset. I want to restrict user httpd to use no more than
75% of CPU time. I read man limits(1) and man getrlimit(2) but they
only talk about limiting cputime in seconds, but not percents. It
means that I can restrict httpd process to run no more than 10
seconds, but in this 10 seconds it will have access to all CPU power
of the computer, making administrative work quite impossible. How
can I add percent-based cputime restrictions for various users and
login classes?

  Any help is very good.

; NKritsky
; SysAdmin InternetHelp.Ru